Today we are looking at another element of the 5 Ways of Wellbeing, 'Take Notice'. Reminding yourself to take notice can strengthen and broaden awareness. Studies have shown that being aware of what is taking place in the present directly enhances your well-being and savouring ‘the moment’ can help to reaffirm your life priorities. Heightened awareness also enhances your self-understanding and allows you to make positive choices based on your own values and motivations.
Take some time to enjoy the moment, and the environment around you.
Here are a few ideas -
- Get a plant for your workspace or home and notice it grow
- Have a ‘clear the clutter’ day, creating calmer spaces in the home can declutter the mind too
- Take notice of how your family/friends/colleagues are feeling or acting, offer a listening ear or some help if needed
- Take a different route on your journey to or from essential shopping/work or whilst exercising
- Visit a new place in your local area, explore the outdoors and nature
Action for Happiness - February Calendar
Today's action is 'Tell a loved one about their strengths that you value the most', something that could have a huge impact on their mood and wellbeing, and yours too.
A copy of the calendar can be accessed here - Friendly February 2021
Mental Health Foundation
Good mental health for all is their aim. Click on the website here to find out more about - Mental Health Foundation
Quote of the Day